Search for apps in app drawer
I saw this in Sense 4 where they have a search button in the app drawer......This is useful when there are a lot of apps installed, it will save up scrolling through pages of apps...
3 vote this, finally have a vertical list launcher but I have 121 apps, and like having a clean home screen.
+3 from me to this feature. It is the reason why I moved from Apex (paid) to another launcher.
William Wallace commented
Fully agree, a filter or search is required
Tony Graf commented
Why hasn't this been included yet? Back to nova launcher I go.
please add this feature, i am currently using google search bar to search app but it is not so good ...
Geofferey Eakins commented
I have been using apex for years now and would also like to see a search function implemented. I suffer from extreme ADD/short term memory loss and easily get lost in app drawer. I prefer Apex over Nova and search is the only thing Nova has that Apex doesn't. I know the Google Search app can search for apps on phone but it is not as convenient as having a dedicated search function. Please add this so I can quit getting lost and quit forgetting what I was gonna go to begin with.
I cannot imagine why on earth is the search function missing!
I second this, especially the "two alphabetic search options" suggestions of Mike Weaver.
A third helpful thing would be an additional feature that allows us to pin apps on top of the app drawer, regardless of their alphabetic position.
Javier Ferrer commented
Yes please! This is very simple to implement and really useful, please make it a reality!!!
zoe rich commented
Yep, I'm only considering Action launcher for the searchable app drawer. Otherwise, Apex is still my favorite on my Note 2.
Mike Weaver commented
Two alphabetic search options would be helpful.
1) Like Atom launcher, a search button which would bring up a top search bar in the app drawer, position the cursor to active, and bring up soft keyboard. Then any number of keys typed would filter app drawer which would still be scrollable with keyboard open.
2) Like Smart launcher, have an 'Abc' icon at the top of the app drawer that would bring up a list of alphabetic letters. Once letter is chosen only show those apps with that letter.
These would be very helpful for navigation.
Go Launcher's app drawer search is very nice. It can be used to either find and launch an app, or to find where the app is in the app drawer so it can be uninstalled, or placed on the home screen.
I'm really agree with Alex Fung.
This feature would be great :
when app drawer is sorted alphabetically, type "J" and jump to apps starting with J
Nikolaj Olshanskij commented
Would love to see this. Actually, this is the only feature I really miss from Go Launcher, really
absolutely required function!
Alex Fung commented
Also related needs:
1) when app drawer is sorted alphabetically, type "J" and jump to apps starting with J
2) similar jump/search for home screen add shortcut/widget interface
3) similar jump/search for downloaded and widget