I suggest ...

Free resizing of widgets (ignore grid)

Background: It is useful to have 5x4 for instance, but many widgets are not ready for that and they are garbled / miss some information.

It would be a killer feature (nobody has it, right?) to allow free resizing of widgets (or with different, much finer grid: let's say 10x10 or more). I don't see big problem in that since the overlapping has been already implemented.

531 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aleq shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bigears5000 commented  · 

Only being able to place widgets/items in a grid form is one of the things that bugs me most about android. Coming previously from Nokia's N900 with Maemo 5 operating system, you could place widgets/bookmarks/icons, anywhere on the screen. I have paid for the pro version of Apex, and re-sizing of widgets is a welcome feature, but, as someone previously mentioned, it would be a killer feature to have no grid limitation. I am sure that the popularity of the launcher would sky-rocket. I would also pay again or extra for this feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How about no grid at all? (Free form.) And the ability to not only reduce icons freely, but put a higher resolution image in the larger icon area.

• llops commented  · 

Ups, sorry, 7 rows :p
        With a resolution of 800x480 or bigger, maybe 7 columns is enough, but 7 rows are insufficient

• llops commented  · 

Totally agree. 7 files is quite limited.

Feedback and Knowledge Base