I suggest ...

Different widget layouts for portrait and landscape

Coming from maemo it would be good to have seperate layouts for portrait and landscape, so you can have odd number grids without distortion or losing a row

301 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Im going to pro if you fix this. Its major bug for me.

• Harry Murphy commented  · 

I am considering switching launchers because of this. All ability to customize my homescreen is useless if it screws up as soon as i turn to landscape.

• Matt commented  · 

This is an absolute must and the only thing keeping me from going to the pro version. especially for us with higher resolution tablets (i have a google nexus 10) I like my HD widgets 8x1 clock/weather widget across the top. It does not stay centered when i rotate to portrait mode. Ive tried nova launcher and it resizes decently between modes but overall i like this launcher better. just fix these minor bugs...

• Dariusz Wajda commented  · 

Ive got 2 different points of view about this feature:

Easy one: Just to rotate icons and all square widgets by 90 degree. Everything should remain at its place. Non square widgets should be remain untouched, maybe in future developers would add "rotation inside the widgets" to make this idea complete

2nd option: 2 Completely independent layouts. Portrait/landscape

With current options one of the views (landscape or portrait) is unusable and the view have to be locked in one of the settings.

Feedback and Knowledge Base