I suggest ...

Dock Icons should have a reflection. Example inside.

I think that a reflection in the dock icons adds a very polished look to the launcher. It would definitely give it a one up over its main competitor, Nova launcher.

Example:
http://i45.tinypic.com/fbgc2e.png

313 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bradley TseBradley Tse shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AgamemmnonAgamemmnon commented  · 

I find it is very important, because the whole has a perfect look. The icons act otherwise lost.

• Mars BMars B commented  · 

This is a Horrible Idea. Just use ICONS with reflection designed into them. Like the ones found here: http://whiterabbit007.deviantart.com/art/Codex-Icons-for-Android-177267166 (this guy was kind enough to provide them with and without refection)

If you use an Icon pack without reflection load them in Photoshop, copy the layer, flip, reposition, set opacity, create layer mask on second layer, take brush tool and start brushing away to create fade: Simple..

No reason to waste time coding apex for something minuet like "reflective icons" when there are much better features that are needed/wanted

• Jonelle Gentile Jonelle Gentile commented  · 

Yes this looks beautiful. And to be able to lay icons over widgets!

• USCanthonyUSCanthony commented  · 

ADW EX launcher does this very well (might be the launcher that Bradley Tse was using for the pic he posted). If ADW EX can do it, then Apex should be able to do it. When using a glossy dock (like in the example) it gives the launcher a classy and polished look. This may not be a feature that adds functionality to the launcher but lets face it, how we customize our launchers home screen to get that "wow!" factor is pretty important to most of us when chosing a launcher. Apex has some features that make me prefer it over ADW EX but if I am being honest, I prefer how my home screen looks on ADW EX over Apex. It is my choice of a glossy flat (3D) dock and the icon reflections on that dock that gives the edge to ADW EX in the looks department.

• Julian GaleJulian Gale commented  · 

This might be a bit of a problem because you would need to create an image for each reflection. It would slow down the placement of icons and then each one would take up space.

Feedback and Knowledge Base