I suggest ...

Android 4.4 KitKat Features

Hi, can you add the features that there are in Android 4.4 KitKat please?

Regards!

658 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sundar shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Add the support for Google NOW. Ended up de-activating APEX because of it.

• Tyson commented  · 

Thanks for implementing the API for transparent navigation menu, since the v2.2.
        But it work only in portrait mode,
        Could you PLEASE implement it for landscape mode also (Homescreen and Drawer)? It turns back black on my Nexus 5 when I pivot it.

It is "Part3" of this nice blog entry I found...
        http://mindofaandroiddev.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/making-the-status-bar-and-navigation-bar-transparent-with-a-listview-on-android-4-4-kitkat/

• Lane Jasper commented  · 

PLEASE add OK Google functionality to Apex. Ots myfavorite and one of the best launchers there is but having it akways listen for Google or OK Google to activate Google now would be amazing.

• Boiler commented  · 

I really wish we had transparency support, as well. Google Now/OK Google would be cool too, but not that important for me.

• Michael Tree McGrade Jr. commented  · 

Mainly I'd like to see the whole Google Now integration into the persistent search bar where I can just speak the command and it go. Otherwise the transparent status and nav bar already works for me on Apex. I don't care much for the swipe to pull up Google Now as I can use a gesture to implement that so built in integration with the search would be best.

• Lants commented  · 

The only feature I would like to see implemented from th Google experience launcher aka the kitkat update is the transparent status and nav bars. That would make an already 5 star app even better!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I don't care about the GoogleNow integration, but I do want the transparency.
        At the moment i'm using the latest stable of Apex Pro on my Nexus 4 with Android 4.4 because i'm used to it (and because i'm too cheap to buy Nova).

• Anonymous commented  · 

NOVA launcher already provide beta version for kitkat style, please hurry up!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed. I miss all of the functions of Apex launcher. Using stock on my Nexus 5 as well.

• Galini commented  · 

Transparent status bar would je great sir!

• lj commented  · 

I have to concur with Jarrett, OK Google functionality and Google Now with a left swipe would be great (although I don't mind swiping up to get Google now)

P.S. if anyone in the UK is wondering why OK Google doesn't work - try setting your language to US English until they sort it out.

• Jarrett Kaufman commented  · 

Primarily the "OK Google" command from the home screen, but I do kind of like Google Now being built right into the left-side panel, too. Right now because these are big features of KitKat, I'm using the stock launcher on my nexus 5, but I really miss having multiple docks, swipe gestures, and landscape mode.

Feedback and Knowledge Base