Extremely useful!: Every App only either on the homescreen or in the drawer
This would make the drawer really clean. For example the telephone App is always in the dock and there's no need to be in the drawer.
Hiding Apps is no option because it takes much time to select new Apps. So this would be a great, easy and a clean way to organize the phone.
Mark apps that are already on the homescreen
1. The page number it's on would be best.
2. If the app is in a folder on the page, put a circle around the page number or bold it (something visual)
3. If the app is on multiple pages or the same page by itself and a folder, use some kind of symbol to tell the user to go look for it.
Along the same line if when adding a new tab the drawer say games then all the game app icons you add to the new tab automatically be hidden in the main drawer
Matt K commented
Definitely a good idea.
I would love to see two improvements along these lines:
- A drawer option to "hide homescreen apps" which would "remove apps from the drawer when added to a homescreen."
- An indicator next to items in the "hidden apps" list, making it easier to tell which apps have been added to a homescreen or a folder.